FirstPic, Inc. assisted DOJ in the expansion and development of sustainable Boys & Girls Clubs within Indian Country and public housing communities across the nation. This initiative assisted in opening 85 Clubs that serve public housing communities and more than 15 Clubs in Indian Country, and provided continuation assistance to more than 200 Clubs serving Native American youth. In coordination with Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA), FirstPic, Inc. accomplished this through the following key steps:
- Targeted outreach efforts to distressed communities regarding available opportunities.
- Implementation and execution of a comprehensive application review process.
- The distribution of letters of agreement to all funded sites.
- Grant progress oversight through quarterly online progress reports.
- Provision of training and technical assistance associated with programmatic and financial guidelines.
- Federal fund financial reimbursement monitoring and processing.
- Best practices/case examples published for replication.